Thursday, April 15, 2010

Team average is .457!

The team now is 12-2 and it looks as if we'll finish the season strong over the next few weeks. I have been on edge lately when I'm at practices and games. Something I have tried my best to do this season is to not let the little things get to me so easily and just relax. The girls that have played under me before have even noticed and commented on my overall attitude on a daily basis with the team. They say I'm a lot more laid back this season and that it has been a lot more fun overall. Well, all of that started to slip this week. I have found that I'm on edge and my temper has been very short with them. In two of our games this week even though we run ruled both teams we were not as focused as I would have liked for us to be. Last night I thought a lot about how I can fix the situation and just enjoy the rest of the season. I need to keep in mind that this is only a JV softball team and the fact that we're 12-2 is amazing!! To top it off our team batting average is .457 and one of our players has 35 hits for 50 plate appearances which works out to be a batting average of .700!!! The rest of the girls range from .290 to .667! I really feel that I don't have anything to be upset about. I suppose my problem is that I expect the best, maybe even perfection because I feel the girls are capable of more than what they are doing which doesn't make sense because they're already AWESOME! I hope that I can continue the rest of the season with a positive attitude only. The girls really have worked hard and deserve to have fun, me being grumpy is not going to help them accomplish that. The question I now have for myself is where do we go from here? Part of me wants to scrimmage our varsity team. The varsity team is not doing well at all and I seriously think we could compete with them. Maybe we'll get lucky and the head varsity coach will agree to a scrimmage. I'll of course let you all know what happens if we get the opportunity. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment