Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm Graduating!!!

Yaaaaa!!!! Finally!! I have just about completed my undergraduate degree! It's been a loooong road of 7 years since I first started college right out of high school but I have certainly learned a lot! I definitely did not go the conventional route and graduate in 4 years but the path I have taken to get done was well worth the wait. I started it all off at Mesa Community College while I was playing softball with their program. College ball turned out to be way more work than I ever wanted it to be. It wasn't fun anymore and I was taking the game too seriously. Once I was done with my two years at MCC I made a random switch to Kansas State University. As random as it was, it was probably one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I have lived in my little bubble of Tempe, Arizona my entire life and haven't experienced too much in the way of diversity. Moving to Kansas was a complete culture shock but I loved every minute of it!! I met some of my closest friends while I was going to school there and we still talk and see each other regularly. After my short 1 year stint at K-State I moved back home to try and finish things up at my true home ASU!!! I have been a Sun Devil since the day I was born! There was no way I was gonna have a choice because my grandpa coached here and my dad went to school and played here. I was destined to be a Sun Devil at some point in time and now I'm finally graduating!!! I was worried for a long time that taking 7 years to graduate would be an embarassment....but now that I'm finally done I couldn't be more excited. What does it matter that I took 7 years to finish? The fact is I FINISHED! There are a lot of people in our society that start college and don't finish or don't even go at all! However, now that I'm done I still don't know what it is that I want to do. Obviously coaching and being involved with softball is my passion...but I'm not sure how to make that a profession. The only way to ever get paid enough to make it a profession is to coach at the collegiate level and I need a lot more experience to make it that far. So for now I'll just find whatever job I can get my hands on and hope that I'll have the opportunity to keep coaching somewhere. Even if I can't continue to coach I'll still be playing ball a minimum of 4 days a week! I love it! I have my womens and coed tournament teams and a handful of leagues that I'm supposed to play in. This will keep me pretty busy over the summer while trying to find a J-O-B! Any suggestions?!?!? I hope I haven't bored too many of you with these blog entries. I've now realized every blog I write is a freakin NOVEL compared to some other posts people are putting up. So for that I apologize. When I start typing I get a little carried away. Thanks for listening and congrats to any of you who are also graduating this May! GO DEVILS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment